Friday, April 09, 2010

Mo Developminks...

Life. Sure we've all heard a lot about it...but how many of us how really experienced it? I'm beginning to believe that number is smaller than you'd imagine.
I've gone through long periods where I was but a spectator amongst a sea of participants but in recent years I've been trying to make up for lost time. It hasn't always been easy but the rewards (mostly milestones and personal development as opposed to "success" or "wealth") far outweigh any hardships or difficulty I might have experienced.
I've recently run into some major problems with life-long friends that have made me question the very nature of friendship among other things. If nothing else it's reinforced my growing belief that the opinions of others are only worth listening to up-to-a-point, and they are always tainted by the agendas of that individual...hidden or not as well as the ever growing misinformation present in the so-called information age. I consider myself much wiser because of cherry-picking relevant (and often brilliant) concepts from any source that resonates with me, but I think we'd all be better off listening to our inner wisdom or intuition more often. I can't count the number of times I've assumed someone else to be the authority on a subject only to regret not going with my gut instead.
Our band (The Bipolar Express) is playing it's first show outside the DFW area soon and I couldn't be more excited....well maybe a little bit more stoked by the fact that we're getting regular airplay on one of the only good radio stations in town as well. Weird...
KXT (91.7) is the new all-music station from KERA and though I can't say I love everything they play I can say that they are a very welcome presence in the bleak landscape of local radio. Check 'em out! (And sometimes they are amazing...and I thought that before they played us!)
The above image is a nearly-complete relief print (a woodcut in this case) that I was working on with a friend but was shelved due to unforeseen difficulties. I really like the way it's turning out, even if I look like a deranged beaver-boy or something.

3 comments:

  1. This is a pretty cool blog you've got here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beaver Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got your Beaver Boy right....uh...wait a minute...

    ReplyDelete